Welcome to The Daily Career!
TDC is a resource focused on helping women find flexible careers that energize and excite them. Whether that is freelancing, building your own empire, changing careers or finding a work-from-home job that will allow you to be with your kids more, my goal is to provide you the tools and inspiration to help you make it happen.
My name is Susan. I’m a mom, wife, crazy idea person and lover of any conversation revolving around the topic of work and careers.
I have an obsession with learning and trying new things – especially when it comes to my work life.
I’ve had many careers including being a body make-up artist on a soap opera to working as a virtual bookkeeper.
Along the way I have also:
- launched a resume writing service
- started my own virtual assistant business
- dabbled in network marketing
- worked from home in various accounting jobs
- been a freelance writer
- started – and sold – a blog on entrepreneurial-ism
- imported journals from China
- had a bookkeeping business
- became a licensed esthetician
- became a notary public and certified loan signing agent
- taken so many online courses I’ve lost count
After spending years being frustrated with myself and perpetual “career-hopping”, I’ve decided to embrace it. It’s just who I am!
I realized that I can use my vast amount of experiences and love of trying new things, to help other women (like you!) who are on a journey to find work they love!
That is how The Daily Career was born.
I’m compiling not only my own experiences, but those of others in The Daily Career so I can further my mission of helping smart women find meaningful work that makes them happy.
Thank you so much for being here and please join my email list for TDC updates and cool career ideas. Let’s do this!